1. The fundamental principles of our company policy
With the aim of offering our customers the best possible quality and service as well as providing a safe, professional and trusting working environment, in the management of our business we insist on compliance with standards which are ethical, moral and environmentally friendly.
The Blösch AG is certified according to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 as well as certified member of Responsible Juwellery Council (RJC).
2. Corporate Policy
Our approach to business revolves around the satisfaction of our customers.
We pursue the following strategic goals with a view to keeping our customers satisfied:
- To cultivate the skills and quality awareness of our employees
- To develop and continually refine new authentic products and processes
- To encourage open and businesslike relations with our suppliers and service providers
Our integrated management system (iMS) covers quality, environment, health & safety and risk management. We use iMS as a tool and do what it takes to leverage the maximum benefit for our customers, our company, the wider society and the environment
3. Social responsibility and ethical principles
- We are committed to our social responsibilities and live the following ethical principles:
- We are committed to human rights and human dignity; we respect these rights as set out in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- We tolerate no child labor
- We tolerate no form of forced labor, slavery or any other restriction of the free movement (mobility) of staff or subordinates
- We do not prevent our staff from joining an association or trade union. Where local laws restrict such a freedom of association, we promote a free dialog
- We tolerate no form of discrimination in respect of hiring, pay, overtime, access to training, promotion, dismissal or retirement which is due to race, ethnicity, caste, nationality, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, trade union membership, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, physical appearance, age or any other unlawful grounds.
- We do not tolerate physical violence. We prohibit any use of degrading treatment, harassment, physical abuse, coercion, threats or intimidation.
- We comply with the applicable laws in respect of the statutory minimum wage, other aspects of pay, normal hours of work and benefits.
- We tolerate no form of corruption, money laundering or the financing of terrorism.
- We purchase our diamonds exclusively from suppliers who are certified according to the requirements of the World Diamond Council. This certification system, which is based on the Kimberley Process, ensures that the diamonds come only from legitimate sources.
- We comply with the principles of the responsible sourcing of gold. We require our suppliers to ensure, insofar as is possible, that the method of extraction of the gold supplied respects human rights and labor laws, and does not harm the environment.
- The information we provide about the nature of the products we offer is truthful.
- We respect the confidentiality of trade secrets and data worthy of protection.
4. Environmental Policy
The Blösch AG commits itself to environmental responsibility and goes above and beyond the requirements of the law. Environmental protection is not just the duty of one employee, but demands the cooperation of the entire organization.
We view our environmental management program (in accordance with ISO/EN 1400) as a tool by which to gage our constant improvement. We achieve this not only through our own responsible practices but also through clear communication with and trust from the community and authorities. Since 2002, we have worked closely with the Environmental Bureau of Canton Solothurn to update our yearly environmental protection plan.
5. Safety policy
The health and well-being of people are of prime importance to us. Therefore, in all the activities, processes and products of our business dealings we are actively committed to safety and health. We are particularly committed to the following statements:
- We comply with the provisions of law relating to safety in the workplace and the protection of health; we continuously refine our safety procedures.
- We set objectives every year and undertake all actions necessary for adherence to safety in the workplace and the protection of health; we also maintain disaster recovery plans, safety equipment and appliances.
- Employers and employees are committed to compliance with and the implementation of regulations relating to occupational safety and the protection of health.
- n all matters relating to safety we grant the right of consultation at all levels.
- All parties make each other aware of hazards in the workplace.
- We regularly conduct internal and external audits on the subject of safety in the workplace.
- We offer courses for emergency first responders and targeted training on risk mitigation.
- Our focus is on eye and hand protection, the risk of falling and the safe handling of chemicals.
6. Leadership and cooperation guidelines
The leadership and cooperation guidelines set out how employees and superiors should collaborate and behave during their day-to-day work:
- We are committed, we target results and we take the initiative.
- We are open, forward-looking, view change as an opportunity and promote innovation.
- We champion cooperative management, nurture our employees and help them when issues arise.
- Managers work efficiently, to targets and in line with internal quality guidelines.
- What underpins our collaboration is trust, respect, esteem and loyalty.
- We operate transparently, provide constructive feedback and promote a learning culture.
- We communicate openly, honestly and clearly. Conflicts are resolved respectfully, through constructive discussions between the participants.
- We promote teamwork and forge a motivational working atmosphere.
- We try to resolve errors as soon as possible, without seeking to attribute blame. What we aim for instead is to pinpoint the cause and strive to prevent any recurrence.